
So i recently realized that my certain pop culture obsessions, no matter when they happen, never go away. Once I find a new obsession, they are locked in my brain from then on...i bring them up randomly in conversation, and i always usually reference them when speaking to someone about style, fashion or a certain time period that they happen to have lived in. Take today for example, someone was talking about the Barbizon Hotel for women in New York, and automatically in my head I named at least three young women who had previously had a stay there (it was basically an upscale boarding house for young ladies of society which would allow them to live in the city while barring men from entering).
In any case, my Brooke Shields moment is far from over, and all day today at my internship all i could think about was that i wanted to get home to start working on my next painting, which is a glamor shot taken of Brooke in 1982 (still in her height of beauty). As I stated in my last post, she is very reminiscent of Veronica Lake in this photo, with her peek a boo hairstyle. Hopefully by next post I will be finished so as to add it.
Also, I have to say that I keep seeing these spring Dior ads with Karly Kloss in which she is made to look like a young Lauren Bacall. I think they're awesome and I usually wonder as I walk by Dior how many people in today's world recognize what Dior is trying to do and if they even know who Lauren Bacall is........because in my opinion, THEY SHOULD.
I was just going to say that that picture looks like Lauren Bacall (because while I was reading, I thought that was the picture that you thought looked like Veronica Lake)!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love you!